I wouldn’t change a thing. Everything that has happened to me and that I’ve experienced has made me who I am today. And as your future husband will say (yes you did get married, however horrifically “normal” you think that is just now)…”you’re alright”.
Some things I wish I’d known though:
- Don’t get that first tattoo. Your dads blessing and a double vodka do not make for good decisions.
- Don’t be scared to go to NYC at Xmas in 2001, it is now the safest place on earth.
- Your family get even more brilliant the older you get. You’re only just starting to like Roy now but eventually, he’ll become one of your best friends…honestly!
- All this “BFF 4eva” stuff with your friends isn’t futile, you still have the same friends 12 years on plus a few more thrown in along the way. They’re all still mad.
- Spend more time with an Australian girl called Sam, she’s not around for long.
- Believe me when I say you will eventually enjoy music other than Rock n’ Roll. The Genre ‘Soul’ will call on you in a few years, look up Aretha Franklin now to speed up the process.
- You kiss a few frogs along the way but you do find someone who wants exactly what you want. Don’t settle for so long with anyone else.
- Some things happen over the next few years that will leave you heartbroken, confused and angry. They’re not in your control and you will get through them. They make you stronger.
- Stop eating crap….you’re never as happy with your body as you are right now.
- Invest some money in to a company called Apple.
- Stick with the guitar lessons, I wish I was better!
- Work hard, play hard!
P.S. You know how just now, you’re trying so hard to be different? Well, in a few years you’ll meet a man called Vaughan who helps with that by giving you a second name that will set you apart from the rest!