By Michael Belden
Designed to educate you to imagine like a more matured clinician, Obstetrics and Gynecology: A Competency-Based better half, by way of Michael Belden, MD, areas as a lot price on approach because it does on content material. This specific source encompasses a case-based association that hones in on crucial wisdom in obstetrics and gynecology. Its handy pocket-sized structure permits you to assessment the fabric at the pass, and on-line entry through pupil seek advice complements your examine of the fabric and exponentially boosts your reference power.
- Provides high-yield middle details necessary to rotations in a pocket-sized, transportable structure.
- Uses a color-coded procedure that areas center info in a framework of the ACGME center skills.
- Offers self-assessment actions all through to advertise retention and alertness of information, together with entry on-line for your personal competency-based portfolio instruments and competency-specific studying modules (Vertical Reads).
- Features ACGME middle talents allowing you to combine evidence-based drugs, continuous self-assessment, and attention of interpersonal abilities into your day-by-day regimen.
- Includes positive factors reminiscent of “Speaking Intelligently and “Clinical considering in every one bankruptcy that can assist you see the “big picture.
- Presents “Teaching Visuals-an interactive instructing equipment designed to enhance visible options.
- Equips you to accomplish a better overview of obstetric and gynecological subject matters with “Clinical Entities that hyperlink to most sensible references within the box.
- Includes entry to scholar seek advice at www.studentconsult.com, the place you can find the whole textual content and illustrations of the ebook on-line, totally searchable • "Integration hyperlinks" to bonus content material in different pupil seek advice titles • Self-Assessment Competency Log • Professors Pearls that supply situations with questions and annotated solutions • Vertical Reads • and masses more!
Read Online or Download Obstetrics and Gynecology: A Competency-Based Companion PDF
Similar obstetrics & gynecology books
(Martin Dunitz) ny Univ. , ny urban. Atlas for postgraduates considering the surgical administration of gynecological malignancy. contains a complete description of the vast majority of investigative and surgeries required of the gynecological oncologist. supplies transparent written and pictorial guideline.
The optimal textual content in gynecology is in its Fourteenth version, completely revised and up-to-date and now in complete colour all through. prepared into 8 sections, this finished and common gynecological textbook presents tips for the administration of particular gynecological stipulations. the 1st sections conceal ideas of perform and preliminary overview and the correct simple technology.
This e-book brings jointly the main updated information regarding the body structure of progestogens. This quantity addresses the bidirectional conversation among hormones, fertility, tumors, and autoimmunity. It offers the fundamental technology and scientific views of progestogens that have now not been formerly to be had in a single quantity.
This ebook addresses methodological facets of epidemiological reports on maternal drug use in being pregnant. Discussing the present resources of blunders and the way they could produce wrong conclusions, it examines a number of epidemiological suggestions and assesses their strengths and weaknesses. those refer either to the id of results (with certain emphasis on congenital malformations) and to the categories of publicity (drug use).
Extra resources for Obstetrics and Gynecology: A Competency-Based Companion
The following obstetrics and gynecology textbooks have been chosen as part of the online resources available to you through Elsevier Publications for your continued study: Obstetrics: Normal and Problem Pregnancies, 5th edition, by Steven G. Gabbe, et al. Comprehensive Gynecology, 5th edition, by Vern L. Katz, et al. Hacker and Moore’s Essentials of Obstetrics and Gynecology, 5th edition, by Neville F. Hacker, et al. CHAPTER ELEMENTS In each chapter after a case and its differential diagnosis, a paragraph titled Speaking Intelligently will help you see the “big picture” and suggest a framework for sorting through the differential diagnosis in language that you might use with a colleague.
For example, the patient may have a strong family history of cardiovascular disease. For a healthy 25–year-old who presents in active labor, however, this is probably irrelevant. Again, this is common sense. Don’t get bogged down with details that could best be omitted. When presenting patients, think about your audience and tailor your presentation to your listener(s) and the circumstance. Your presentation of a patient will be different if done by telephone to an attending at 3:00 in the morning, at evening sign-out, or in a peer-review Morbidity and Mortality Conference.
Recently recognized overt and subtle differences in disease states based on gender-specific symptoms (symptoms associated with myocardial infarction serve as an example1,2) present specific challenges to the field of obstetrics and gynecology. Moving at its exponential rate, Medical Knowledge will surely continue to challenge and contradict many long-standing medical “truths” based on gender-specific data yet to be explored. Because of educational issues such as this, learners who continue to acquire and assimilate ever-changing Medical Knowledge into their practices for the sake of their own intellectual curiosity and for the benefit of their patients will be best poised to inherit the future.