By Mike Meyers
Essential abilities for a profitable IT Career
Written through the major authority on CompTIA A+ certification and coaching, this four-color advisor might help you develop into a professional IT expert with confirmed services in and software program, and assist you move CompTIA A+ checks 220-901 and 220-902. Mike Meyers’ CompTIA A+ consultant to dealing with and Troubleshooting desktops, 5th Edition deals whole insurance of the most recent examination pursuits. You’ll get on-the-job suggestions, end-of-chapter assessment questions, and 1000s of colour photos and illustrations. The ebook additionally features a coupon for 10% off of the examination fee―a $37 value.
Learn how to:
- Work with CPUs, RAM, microprocessors, BIOS, motherboards, energy offers, and different computer components
- Install, configure, and troubleshoot not easy drives
- Manage peripheral units and detachable media
- Install, improve, and hold working platforms, together with home windows, Mac OS X, and Linux
- Troubleshoot universal machine problems
- Establish clients and groups
- Set up video and multimedia cards
- Administer smartphones, capsules, and different cellular devices
- Install and configure stressed and instant networks
- Connect to the Internet
- Secure your laptop and your network
- Install, configure, and deal with printers and multifunction devices
- Work with the most recent virtualization technologies
- Understand safeguard and environmental issues
Electronic content material includes:
- Practice tests for 901 & 902
- One hour+ of loose video education from Mike Meyers
- TotalSim simulations of performance-based questions
- Mike's favourite loose computer instruments and utilities
- A entire PDF replica of the book
Instructor assets available:
- Instructor's Manual
- Power element slides for every bankruptcy with photos and illustrations from the book
- Test financial institution cartridges with hundreds and hundreds of questions to be used as quizzes and exams
- Answers to the tip of bankruptcy sections are not included within the e-book and are just on hand to adopting instructors
Read or Download Mike Meyers' CompTIA A+ guide to managing and troubleshooting PCs PDF
Best comptia books
Divided into 4 components, LAN change protection offers you steps you could take to make sure the integrity of either voice and information site visitors touring over Layer 2 units. half I covers vulnerabilities in Layer 2 protocols and the way to configure switches to avoid assaults opposed to these vulnerabilities. half II addresses denial-of-service (DoS) assaults on an Ethernet change and indicates how these assaults should be mitigated.
This booklet covers the certification examination good, so far as the subjects. yet so far as the knowledge it includes, i don't believe it really is sufficient to move the examination. The video clips at the cd are only a waste of time; unlike it is easy to study a lot from them. now not a foul ebook total, yet wishes one other e-book to counterpoint it.
Hypertext Preprocessor is the world’s hottest open resource net scripting language, put in on virtually 17 million domain names all over the world (www. Hypertext Preprocessor. net/usage. php). it's enjoyed through newcomers and embraced through complicated clients. This ebook deals builders a whole advisor to taking either protective and proactive protection methods inside of their personal home page purposes.
Instant sensor networks have lately obtained a excessive point of cognizance because of their broad purposes in army and civilian operations. defense for instant Sensor Networks discusses basic safeguard matters in instant sensor networks, recommendations for the safety of such networks, in addition to effects from fresh reviews in instant sensor community protection.
Extra info for Mike Meyers' CompTIA A+ guide to managing and troubleshooting PCs
A casual term for a person who builds and maintains computers is ____________. 5. Prometric and ____________ administer the CompTIA A+ certification exams. 7. Of the three advanced exams, the ____________ is considered the primary path to CompTIA A+ certification. 8. Of the three advanced exams, the ____________ is targeted at folks who work behind the scenes fixing computers, rather than on the floor interacting with customers. 9. A person desiring to work in Windows-based networking should pursue ____________ certification after completing his or her CompTIA certifications.
11 Connections in the back of a PC Most PCs sport the European-designed mini-DIN connectors . 13). Older-style keyboards and mice plug into mini-DIN ports. 14 USB A connector and port USB Connectors You’ll sometimes hear USB ports and plugs described as upstream or downstream, terms that create rather amusing conversation and confusion. It’s all about whether you refer to the plug or the port, so here’s the scoop. The USB A plugs go upstream to USB A ports on the host or hub. USB A ports provide downstream output from the host or hub.
15). 16. USB has a number of features that make it particularly popular on PCs. First, USB devices are hot-swappable , which means you can insert or remove them without restarting your PC. 15 tem off, insert or remove the connector, and then turn the system back on. Hot-swapping completely eliminates this process. 16 USB B connector USB mini-B connector Chapter 2: The Visible PC 31 Second, many USB devices get their electrical power through the USB connection, so they don’t need batteries or a plug for an electrical outlet.