By Rebecca N Baergen
Manual of Pathology of the Human Placenta, moment variation is a concise, useful guide of placental pathology. whereas references are made to the extra encyclopedic Pathology of the Human Placenta, this handbook is designed as a trouble-free, easy-to-read bench guide that may be utilized in the grossing room in addition to on the microscope.
Features of the textual content contain:
- a piece at the method of the placental specimen, offering feedback on what to do, in addition to while and the way to do it.
- dialogue of unique improvement and basic histology of all components of the placenta for these desirous to find out about particular parts of the placenta.
- dialogue of placental lesions, illness methods relating to the placenta, neoplasms, and trophoblastic lesions.
- an outline of the felony implications of placental exam and destiny instructions.
- "Suggestions for exam and file" contains key issues in gross exam, sectioning, and analysis. feedback for reviews within the surgical pathology record consultant the reader in complicated events or whilst the prognosis or diagnostic implications are doubtful.
- An abundance of tables summarize pertinent details and supply quick access to the differential diagnoses of assorted lesions.
Manual of Pathology of the Human Placenta, moment version is a must have reference for each pathologist, resident and pathology assistant.
Read or Download Manual of Pathology of the Human Placenta: Second Edition PDF
Best obstetrics & gynecology books
(Martin Dunitz) big apple Univ. , big apple urban. Atlas for postgraduates excited about the surgical administration of gynecological malignancy. contains a complete description of the vast majority of investigative and surgeries required of the gynecological oncologist. offers transparent written and pictorial guideline.
The ultimate textual content in gynecology is in its Fourteenth version, completely revised and up to date and now in complete colour all through. geared up into 8 sections, this finished and normal gynecological textbook presents assistance for the administration of particular gynecological stipulations. the 1st sections disguise rules of perform and preliminary evaluation and the proper uncomplicated technological know-how.
This ebook brings jointly the main up to date information regarding the body structure of progestogens. This quantity addresses the bidirectional communique among hormones, fertility, tumors, and autoimmunity. It offers the elemental technological know-how and medical views of progestogens that have now not been formerly on hand in a single quantity.
This publication addresses methodological features of epidemiological reviews on maternal drug use in being pregnant. Discussing the prevailing assets of errors and the way they could produce wrong conclusions, it examines numerous epidemiological innovations and assesses their strengths and weaknesses. those refer either to the identity of results (with distinct emphasis on congenital malformations) and to the kinds of publicity (drug use).
Additional info for Manual of Pathology of the Human Placenta: Second Edition
8. Diagram of selected, grossly visible lesions of the placenta. Miscellaneous lesions include acute or chronic villitis, fibrinoid deposition, intervillous abscesses and various tumors. 13). 7). 4). It most commonly inserts eccentrically and usually contains three vessels, two arteries, and one vein. It may have a marginal, velamentous, or furcate insertion. 15). Care must be taken when evaluating the cord for the presence of a single umbilical artery, as the arteries commonly anastomose close to their insertion on the placental surface.
Edinburgh: Churchill Livingstone, 1994. Keeling JW, Khong TY. Fetal and neonatal pathology, 3rd ed. London: Springer, 2007. Wigglesworth JS, Singer DB. Textbook of fetal and perinatal pathology, 2nd ed. Malden, MA: Blackwell Science, 1998. 21 Chapter 3 Macroscopic Evaluation of the Second- and Third-Trimester Placenta Selection of Placentas for Pathologic Examination........................................ Examination of All Placentas........................................................................
Procedure for Examination After removing the placenta from the container and rinsing briefly in water, perform the following steps: • General characteristics: ¡¡ Check for odors – may indicate bacterial growth. ¡¡ Ascertain shape – irregular, discoid, etc. Immersion of the placenta in water will return the placenta to its shape in utero and thus demonstrate the shape of the uterine cavity. 13) and in cases of uterine anomalies. 2): ¡¡ Check for completeness – sufficient membranes should be present to enclose the fetus.