By Peter von Oven
- Learn how will you convey an excellent person adventure and force down garage and administration costs
- Discover hidden gemstones to bring purposes to digital computer environments in seconds
- This ebook can assist you totally make the most of the real power of VMware App Volumes and layout and construct a whole creation environment
App Volumes presents a virtualized, real-time program supply engine for digital laptop infrastructure and is designed to allow VDI deployments to make sure higher flexibility, agility, and value reduction.
This booklet begins with an in-depth assessment of the structure and elements used to layout an optimized answer. We then assist you to set up and configure App Volumes for various use circumstances similar to VMware View integration, utilizing VMware ThinApp, Citrix XenApp, and more.
Throughout the chapters, we offer tricks, information, and methods in addition to top practices. by way of the top of the publication, you may have outfitted a operating App Volumes surroundings and bought the abilities to construct and run a construction environment.
What you'll learn
- Find out how the VMware App Volumes answer can increase the administration and supply of functions on your computing device environment
- Design a real-life App Volumes resolution utilizing top practices and following the steered sizing guides
- Install, configure, and install App Volumes so it really is able to begin supplying applications
- Create and get ready functions able to be brought to finish users
- Discover how App Volumes can improve different laptop recommendations through taking a look at the way it integrates with VMware Horizon View, VMware ThinApp, RDSH, and Citrix XenDesktop/XenApp
- Understand the right way to configure the complicated strategies inside App Volumes
About the Author
Peter von Oven is an skilled technical advisor and has spent the previous two decades of his IT profession operating with shoppers and companions in designing know-how strategies geared toward providing precise company price. in the course of his profession, Peter has been keen on a number of large-scale company tasks and deployments and has awarded at key IT occasions, resembling VMWorld, IP EXPO, and numerous VMUGs around the united kingdom. He has additionally labored in senior presales roles and presales administration roles for a number of the giants of IT, reminiscent of Fujitsu, HP, Citrix, and VMware, and has been offered VMware vExpert for 2015 and 2016.
Over the earlier 10 years and extra, Peter has concentrated his abilities and event via focusing on the computer and alertness virtualization marketplace and this present day works for the market-leading laptop transformation experts, Liquidware Labs.
Peter received his first style for writing while helping with the various chapters within the booklet construction End-User Computing recommendations with VMware View, which then result in 4 different Packt titles, VMware Horizon Mirage necessities and VMware Horizon Workspace necessities, co-written with Peter Bjork and Joel Lindberg, and VMware Horizon View necessities and studying Horizon View, co-written with Barry Coombs.
Table of Contents
- Introduction to App Volumes
- Architectural and have Overview
- Designing and construction an App Volumes Deployment
- Installing and Configuring the App Volumes Software
- A Guided travel of the administration Console
- Working with AppStacks
- Working with Writable Volumes
- Delivering ThinApp programs with App Volumes
- Horizon View Integration
- Deploying App Volumes in a Citrix XenDesktop Environment
- Deploying App Volumes in a RemoteApp Environment
- Deploying App Volumes in a Citrix XenApp Environment
- Deploying App Volumes in a Horizon View Hosted Apps Environment
- Advanced Configuration and different Options
Read or Download Learning VMware App Volumes PDF
Best network administration books
If the belief of beginning an e-mail campaign overwhelms you, the authors of e-mail advertising: An Hour an afternoon will introduce you to e mail advertising fundamentals, display tips on how to deal with information and describe how one can music and degree results. Case reviews, step by step publications, checklists, quizzes and hands-on tutorials can help you execute an e-mail campaign in exactly one hour an afternoon.
While you're an administrator with a superb operating wisdom of Hyper-V Server, home windows Server, and energetic listing, yet you are looking for additional information on hardening your Hyper-V deployment, this e-book is for you. If you have already obtained a useful Hyper-V surroundings, you have no hassle interpreting this e-book and following its examples.
Electronic mail is a well-liked type of verbal exchange. humans use it to speak with associates and behavior company. The actions during this ebook will train readers what it takes to jot down electronic mail for any scenario.
Additional resources for Learning VMware App Volumes
This final schematic diagram shows the optional lab for Chapter 8, Delivering ThinApp Packages with App Volumes: We also require an administrator account and a number of Organizational Unit (OU) groups and user accounts. For administering App Volumes, a group called AppVol Admin was created. The administrator account was then added to this group. You can, of course, create other App Volumes administrator accounts. [ 13 ] Introduction to App Volumes In addition to the administrator account, we have created a number of Active Directory groups to reflect different departments.
Everything is delivered on demand, and when the user logs off the virtual desktop machine gets destroyed, ready for the next user to log on. This model would suit the majority of users; however, there are some users, such as developers, who would still require a persistent virtual desktop machine so that they have the ability to install their own applications that will remain when they log off rather than being destroyed when the virtual desktop machine they have been using gets destroyed. Deploying these types of virtual desktop machines is more costly and puts a greater load on infrastructure resources as you need more computing power and more storage than you would in a non-persistent deployment.
Ensure you install applications for all users so that applications install in program files and not in a user's profile. [ 40 ] Chapter 3 • The provisioning system should not have the following installed or enabled: °° Anti-virus agents °° VMware Horizon View Agent °° Any other filter driver applications, such as VMware Mirage VMware Horizon View integration with pod and block design A feature of App Volumes is the ability to integrate with VMware Horizon View by installing the Broker Integration Service onto your Horizon View Connection Servers.