By Micha Gorelick, Ian Ozsvald
Your Python code could run properly, yet you would like it to run speedier. by way of exploring the basic concept in the back of layout offerings, this functional advisor is helping you achieve a deeper figuring out of Python's implementation. You'll how one can find functionality bottlenecks and considerably accelerate your code in high-data-volume programs.
How are you able to benefit from multi-core architectures or clusters? Or construct a process that may scale up and down with out wasting reliability? skilled Python programmers will research concrete options to those and different matters, besides struggle tales from businesses that use excessive functionality Python for social media analytics, productionized laptop studying, and different situations.
Get a greater seize of numpy, Cython, and profilers
Learn how Python abstracts the underlying machine architecture
Use profiling to discover bottlenecks in CPU time and reminiscence usage
Write effective courses via picking out applicable facts structures
Speed up matrix and vector computations
Use instruments to collect Python right down to computing device code
Manage a number of I/O and computational operations concurrently
Convert multiprocessing code to run on an area or distant cluster
Solve huge difficulties whereas utilizing much less RAM
By Noah Gift, Jeremy M. Jones
Python is a perfect language for fixing difficulties, specially in Linux and Unix networks. With this pragmatic booklet, directors can overview numerous initiatives that regularly take place within the administration of those platforms, and learn the way Python promises a extra effective and no more painful solution to deal with them.
Each bankruptcy in Python for Unix and Linux method Administration offers a selected administrative factor, corresponding to concurrency or facts backup, and offers Python recommendations via hands-on examples. when you end this publication, you'll have the ability to increase your personal set of command-line utilities with Python to take on quite a lot of difficulties. detect how this language may help you:
• learn textual content records and extract information
• Run initiatives simultaneously utilizing the threading and forking options
• Get details from one approach to a different utilizing community facilities
• Create clickable GUIs to address huge and complicated utilities
• display screen huge clusters of machines by means of interacting with SNMP programmatically
• grasp the IPython Interactive Python shell to exchange or increase Bash, Korn, or Z-Shell
• combine Cloud Computing into your infrastructure, and discover ways to write a Google App Engine Application
• remedy specific information backup demanding situations with personalized scripts
• engage with MySQL, SQLite, Oracle, Postgres, Django ORM, and SQLAlchemy
With this publication, you'll how one can package deal and set up your Python functions and libraries, and write code that runs both good on a number of Unix structures. You'll additionally know about numerous Python-related applied sciences that would make your existence a lot more uncomplicated.
By Matthew Kirk
Gain the boldness you want to observe laptop studying on your day-by-day paintings. With this sensible advisor, writer Matthew Kirk indicates you the way to combine and try desktop studying algorithms on your code, with no the educational subtext.
Featuring graphs and highlighted code examples all through, the publication beneficial properties assessments with Python’s Numpy, Pandas, Scikit-Learn, and SciPy info technology libraries. If you’re a software program engineer or enterprise analyst drawn to facts technological know-how, this ebook may also help you:
- Reference real-world examples to check every one set of rules via attractive, hands-on exercises
- Apply test-driven improvement (TDD) to write down and run checks sooner than you begin coding
- Explore innovations for bettering your machine-learning types with information extraction and have development
- Watch out for the hazards of desktop studying, akin to underfitting or overfitting data
- Work with K-Nearest associates, neural networks, clustering, and different algorithms
By Samir Madhavan
Approximately This Book
Master info technology equipment utilizing Python and its libraries
Create facts visualizations and mine for patterns
Advanced ideas for the 4 basics of information technology with Python - information mining, facts research, info visualization, and computer learning
Who This publication Is For
If you're a Python developer who desires to grasp the area of knowledge technology then this ebook is for you. a few wisdom of information technology is assumed.
What you are going to Learn
Manage info and practice linear algebra in Python
Derive inferences from the research through acting inferential statistics
Solve facts technology difficulties in Python
Create high-end visualizations utilizing Python
Evaluate and practice the linear regression strategy to estimate the relationships between variables.
Build suggestion engines with a few of the collaborative filtering algorithms
Apply the ensemble how you can enhance your predictions
Work with mammoth info applied sciences to address info at scale
Data technological know-how is a comparatively new wisdom area that's utilized by a variety of agencies to make facts pushed judgements. info scientists need to put on numerous hats to paintings with info and to derive worth from it. The Python programming language, past having conquered the medical group within the final decade, is now an necessary software for the knowledge technology practitioner and a must-know instrument for each aspiring facts scientist. utilizing Python will provide you with a quick, trustworthy, cross-platform, and mature surroundings for information research, computing device studying, and algorithmic challenge solving.
This entire consultant is helping you progress past the hype and go beyond the idea by way of giving you a hands-on, complex research of knowledge science.
Beginning with the necessities of Python in info technological know-how, you are going to learn how to deal with info and practice linear algebra in Python. you'll circulation directly to deriving inferences from the research via appearing inferential statistics, and mining information to bare hidden styles and traits. you are going to use the matplot library to create high-end visualizations in Python and discover the basics of desktop studying. subsequent, you are going to follow the linear regression strategy and in addition discover ways to practice the logistic regression strategy to your functions, earlier than growing suggestion engines with numerous collaborative filtering algorithms and bettering your predictions by way of using the ensemble methods.
Finally, you are going to practice K-means clustering, in addition to an research of unstructured information with diverse textual content mining thoughts and leveraging the facility of Python in huge info analytics.
Style and approach
This e-book is an easy-to-follow, entire advisor on facts technology utilizing Python. the themes lined within the ebook can all be utilized in actual global scenarios.
By Abe Fettig
I purchased this ebook simply because i used to be having hassle making feel out of the Twisted online documentation. i am quite a ebook man, besides, and felt i wanted "The publication" for Twisted. whilst the 1st web page similar of "Hello global" blows up on Python 2.6 due to a few vague deprecation factor, you recognize you're in for genuine difficulties. It will get worse from there. i believe this booklet used to be most likely a good identify years in the past while the Twisted bits and Python bits have been extra in sync. This ebook is heavily outmoded and in want a large revision.
By Hans Petter Langtangen
The publication serves as a primary creation to desktop programming of medical purposes, utilizing the high-level Python language. The exposition is instance and problem-oriented, the place the purposes are taken from arithmetic, numerical calculus, facts, physics, biology and finance. The publication teaches "Matlab-style" and procedural programming in addition to object-oriented programming. highschool arithmetic is a required history and it really is beneficial to check classical and numerical one-variable calculus in parallel with analyzing this booklet. in addition to studying the best way to application pcs, the reader also will easy methods to resolve mathematical difficulties, coming up in a number of branches of technological know-how and engineering, via numerical equipment and programming. by means of mixing programming, arithmetic and clinical functions, the booklet lays an outstanding origin for working towards computational technological know-how.
By Mark Lutz
If you've mastered Python's basics, you're able to begin utilizing it to get actual paintings performed. Programming Python will exhibit you the way, with in-depth tutorials at the language's fundamental program domain names: process management, GUIs, and the internet. You'll additionally discover how Python is utilized in databases, networking, front-end scripting layers, textual content processing, and extra. This publication makes a speciality of known instruments and libraries to provide you a accomplished knowing of Python's many jobs in sensible, real-world programming.
You'll study language syntax and programming suggestions in a transparent and concise demeanour, with plenty of examples that illustrate either right utilization and customary idioms. thoroughly up to date for model 3.x, Programming Python additionally delves into the language as a software program improvement instrument, with many code examples scaled particularly for that purpose.
• Quick Python tour: construct an easy demo that comes with information illustration, object-oriented programming, item endurance, GUIs, and site basics
• System programming: discover method interface instruments and strategies for command-line scripting, processing documents and folders, operating courses in parallel, and more
• GUI programming: learn how to use Python's tkinter widget library
• Internet programming: entry client-side community protocols and e mail instruments, use CGI scripts, and research web site implementation techniques
• More how one can observe Python: enforce facts constructions, parse text-based details, interface with databases, and expand and embed Python
By Jamie Chan
Study Python speedy and study It good. grasp Python Programming with a different Hands-On Project
Have you usually desired to examine machine programming yet are afraid it'll be too tough for you? or even you recognize different programming languages yet have an interest in studying the Python language quick?
This ebook is for you. You not need to waste it slow and cash studying Python from long books, pricey on-line classes or advanced Python tutorials.
What this booklet offers...
Python for newbies
Complex strategies are damaged down into basic steps to make sure that you could simply grasp the Python language no matter if you have got by no means coded ahead of.
Carefully selected Python Examples
Examples are conscientiously selected to demonstrate all strategies. furthermore, the output for all examples are supplied instantly so that you shouldn't have to attend until you've gotten entry in your laptop to check the examples.
Learn The Python Programming Language quick
Concepts are provided in a "to-the-point" sort to cater to the busy person. With this ebook, you could study Python in exactly in the future and begin coding instantly.
How is that this publication different...
The top technique to research Python is by means of doing. This booklet contains a whole undertaking on the finish of the ebook that calls for the appliance of all of the strategies taught formerly. operating throughout the venture won't in basic terms offer you a massive feel of accomplishment, it"ll additionally assist you keep the information and grasp the language.
Are you prepared to dip your ft into the fascinating global of Python coding? This ebook is for you. click on the purchase button and obtain it now.
What you'll learn:
- what's Python?
- What software program you must code and run Python courses?
- What are variables?
- What mathematical operators are there in Python?
- What are the typical info kinds in Python?
- What are Lists and Tuples?
- easy methods to structure strings
- the right way to settle for person inputs and exhibit outputs
- how you can make judgements with If statements
- easy methods to keep an eye on the circulation of software with loops
- easy methods to deal with error and exceptions
- What are services and modules?
- how to find your personal features and modules
- how one can paintings with exterior documents
.. and more...
Finally, you'll be guided via a hands-on venture that calls for the applying of the entire themes coated.
By Cory Althoff
I'm a self-taught programmer. After a yr of self-study, I realized to software good adequate to land a role as a software program engineer II at eBay. as soon as I bought there, i spotted i used to be critically under-prepared. i used to be beaten through the volume of items i wanted to understand yet hadn't realized but. My trip studying to software, and my adventure at my first task as a software program engineer have been the foundation for this e-book.
This booklet isn't just approximately studying to software; even though you are going to discover ways to code. so one can application professionally, it's not sufficient to benefit to code; because of this, as well as aiding you discover ways to software, I additionally conceal the remainder of the belongings you want to know to application professionally that periods and books do not train you. "The Self-taught Programmer" is a roadmap, a advisor to take you from writing your first Python application, to passing your first technical interview. I divided the e-book into six sections:
1. learn how to application in Python three and construct your first application.
2. research Object-oriented programming and create a robust Python application to get you hooked.
3. learn how to use instruments like Git, Bash, typical expressions and databases. Then use your new coding talents to construct an internet scraper.
4. learn computing device technology basics together with laptop structure, information buildings, algorithms and community programming.
5. discover ways to software for construction: I conceal the software program improvement strategy, trying out, and top coding practices.
6. end with suggestions for operating with a staff and touchdown a programming job.
You CAN discover ways to software professionally. the trail is there. Will you're taking it?
By Ashwin Pajankar
Quickly the right way to automate unit checking out of Python three code with Python three automation libraries, corresponding to doctest, unittest, nostril, nose2, and pytest.
This booklet explores the $64000 options in software program checking out and their implementation in Python three and indicates you the way to automate, arrange, and execute unit assessments for this language. this information is usually obtained through interpreting resource code, manuals, and posting questions about neighborhood boards, which has a tendency to be a gradual and painful process.
Python Unit attempt Automation will let you fast ramp up your realizing of unit attempt libraries for Python three during the useful use of code examples and workouts. All of which makes this booklet an excellent source for software program builders and testers who are looking to start with unit attempt automation in Python three and examine the diversities with Python 2.
This brief paintings is your must-have fast begin advisor to getting to know the basic strategies of software program trying out in Python.
What you will research:
- Essential options in software program testing
- Various try automation libraries for Python, reminiscent of doctest, unittest, nostril, nose2, and pytest
- Test-driven improvement and most sensible practices for try automation in Python
- Code examples and exercises
Who This booklet Is For:
Python builders, software program testers, open resource fanatics, and members to the Python community