By Debra Ikeda
Now in its third variation, this bestselling quantity within the well known standards sequence, by means of Drs. Debra M. Ikeda and Kanae okay. Miyake, completely covers the fast-changing box of breast imaging. excellent for residency, medical perform and certification and MOC examination examine, it provides everything you must find out about diagnostic imaging of the breast, together with new BI-RADS criteria, new electronic breast tomosynthesis (DBT) content material and movies, ultrasound, and masses extra. Compact and authoritative, it offers up to date, professional tips in examining and analyzing mammographic, ultrasound, DBT, and MRI photographs for effective and actual detection of breast disease.
- Features over 1,300 top of the range images throughout.
- Summarizes key information with quite a few outlines, tables, ''pearls,'' and boxed fabric for simple reference.
- Focuses on necessities to move the forums and the MOC examination and confirm exact diagnoses in medical practice.
- Expert seek advice™ publication model incorporated with purchase. This enhanced book experience lets you seek the entire textual content, figures, and references from the booklet on a number of units and contours DBT videos.
- All-new Breast Imaging-Reporting and information procedure (BI-RADS) recommendations for administration and terminology for mammography, elastography in ultrasound, and MRI.
- Step-by-step guidance on how you can learn new 3D tomosynthesis imaging reviews with instance situations, together with obstacles, pitfalls, and fifty five new DBT videos.
- More facts at the management of excessive danger breast lesions.
- Correlations of ultrasound, mammography, and MRI with tomosynthesis imaging.
- Detailed foundation of contrast-enhanced MRI studies.
- Recent nuclear medication innovations similar to FDG PET/CT, NaF puppy.
Read or Download Breast Imaging: The Requisites PDF
Best obstetrics & gynecology books
(Martin Dunitz) ny Univ. , big apple urban. Atlas for postgraduates excited about the surgical administration of gynecological malignancy. features a complete description of the vast majority of investigative and surgeries required of the gynecological oncologist. provides transparent written and pictorial guideline.
The choicest textual content in gynecology is in its Fourteenth version, completely revised and up to date and now in complete colour all through. prepared into 8 sections, this accomplished and basic gynecological textbook offers suggestions for the administration of particular gynecological stipulations. the 1st sections conceal ideas of perform and preliminary overview and the appropriate easy technological know-how.
This booklet brings jointly the main up to date information regarding the body structure of progestogens. This quantity addresses the bidirectional verbal exchange among hormones, fertility, tumors, and autoimmunity. It presents the elemental technology and medical views of progestogens that have no longer been formerly on hand in a single quantity.
This e-book addresses methodological facets of epidemiological experiences on maternal drug use in being pregnant. Discussing the prevailing assets of errors and the way they could produce unsuitable conclusions, it examines a variety of epidemiological strategies and assesses their strengths and weaknesses. those refer either to the id of results (with distinctive emphasis on congenital malformations) and to the categories of publicity (drug use).
Additional info for Breast Imaging: The Requisites
Committee on the Early Detection of Breast Cancer: Mammography and beyond: developing technologies for the early detection of breast cancer, Washington, DC, 2001b, National Academy Press. : Peptides of human gingival crevicular fluid determined by HPLC-ESI-MS, Eur J Oral Sci 113:462–468, 2005a. : Interpretation of digital mammograms: comparison of speed and accuracy of soft-copy versus printed-film display, Radiology 223:483–488, 2002. : For the International Digital Mammography Development Group: radiologists’ preferences for digital mammographic display, Radiology 216:820–830, 2000a.
Mammographic characteristics of 115 missed cancers later detected with screening mammography and the potential utility of computer-aided detection, Radiology 219:192–202, 2001. : The impact of mammographic screening on breast cancer mortality in Europe: a review of observational studies, J Med Screen 19(Suppl 1):14–25, 2012. :Analysis of prior mammography with negative result in women with interval breast cancer, Breast Cancer, published online March 29, 2015. : Comparison of standard reading and computer aided detection (CAD) on a national proficiency test of screening mammography, Eur J Radiol 45:135–138, 2003.
Guide shoe marks can sometimes result in minus-density linear artifacts in the direction of film travel as well. A film guide turns the film as it passes through the processor. Such guides (E, arrowheads) are located at the top and bottom of each tank. Improperly adjusted film guides can lead to excessive pressure on the film emulsion and result in guide shoe artifacts. 19 20 Chapter 1 Mammography Acquisition A Motion B No motion FIG. 23 Motion artifact on digital mammography. (A) Right mediolateral oblique (RMLO) view shows blurred breast tissue most evident in lower breast (circle).